Fresh Charity Week in Support of Young Minds
We have chosen Young Minds as our Charity Partner for 2018. Young Minds is the UK’s leading charity championing the wellbeing and mental health of young people. We're working with them this year to not only raise money, but to raise awareness of mental health issues that can affect you and your friends.
Did you know that…
- 1 in 5 young adults have a diagnosable mental health disorder
- Half of all mental health problems manifest by the age of 14, with 75% by age 24
- Mental health issues can reduce someone’s life expectancy by 20 years
Starting on Monday 12th February, we're running a charity week across all of our sites and in our central offices too. Look out for tonnes of fundraising activities, from bake sales and raffles to sponsored head shaving and parties! It'll be loads of fun, but all for a good cause.
Spare what you can to help us raise as much as possible to support the amazing work that Young Minds do. You can donate here: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund/FreshStudentLiving
Today someone told me: don't beat yourself up for being human. And then someone sent me this card! So true. We all have ups and downs, make mistakes and do silly things... But we also do brilliant things all the time - like making people laugh or having a great idea at work or school! Nobody is perfect - and that's what makes us who we are. You are unique, you are awesome and you are worth it! So be kind to yourself. You deserve it! Tag a friend who you think is awesome too in the comments below - so they know you like them just the way they are! Have a good evening, Shirin @ YM . .. If you're feeling low, don't bottle it up. Talk to someone and check out the link in our bio for help and advice. . .. #youngminds #mentalhealth #helloyellow #YouGotThis #YouCanDoIt #YouMatter #depression #anxiety #worried #positivethinking #unicorn #ocd #mentalhealthawarness #MentalHealthMatters #MentalHealthRecovery
- Read Next
- Grab your room for September 2018! Undecided about where to live next year? Easy meals you can cook in your combi microwave! Different members of your flat family!
- If you stay in the UK for Chinese New Year... Men and mental health... Valentine's Day? More like Galentine's Day! Traditional British winter warmers! Easy meals you can cook in your combi microwave!