Freshers' Week has been and gone and your loan has dropped in your bank account, so you might be thinking 'What happens next?'
Being in charge of your finances for the first time might seem like a shock to the system, but if you learn to budget, your student loan should stretch far enough!
Here's a list of student discounts which should help get you through the first term:
- Getting a 16-25 Railcard could not only save you 1/3 on all train tickets but you could receive money off lots of other attractions like the theatre and eating out.
- If you travel more by coach to visit home or friends in other cities it's probably worth investing in a Young Persons Coachcard with National Express. These are only £10 for 1 year or £25 for 3 years and they give you 1/3 off all fares!
Food and Drink
- So you probably know about getting a FREE cheeseburger if you show your student ID when you've bought a Mcdonald's meal, but did you know you could choose a FREE Mayo Chicken or McFlurry Original instead?
- A Taste Card is a necessity if you love eating out! You can get 50% off your bill or 2-for-1 on meals in a huge selection of restaurants. If you've got a student bank account with RBS or Natwest, you will have automatically received one of these or if you've got a railcard, you can get 2 months for FREE!
- Love listening to music but hate adverts or want to take it on-the-go when you haven't got Wi-Fi? Spotify and Apple Music are both half price for students! An NUS Extra card is all you need for 50% off Spotify and your uni email address will get you a half-price membership with Apple Music for up to 4 years - Winner!
- As a student, you can get a Prime Student account for FREE for 6 months! This means you can get FREE one-day delivery on millions of items, stream movies and TV shows and get exclusive access to student offers! After the 6 months, you'll only have to pay half-price!